Friday, May 17, 2013

Little Rainbow Party





I was inspired by this beautiful wooden rainbow stacking toy to create a simple rainbow party! Nope, no buckets of crazy colored buttercream or tie-dye cupcake insides or layers of coloured cake here! Just some lovely vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, dressed to impress in every-colour-of-the-rainbow cupcake liners and fashioned with colourful flags.






Children's parties needn't always be jacked to the nines! All you need is a selection (even three different colours!) of cupcake liners, a few rolls of Japanese washi tape and the cutest inspiration: your baby's own toys.



You can even use those coloured cupcake liners to make a very cute and very easy festive garland, as I wrote about here - the striped liners with the white centers work great because they look like stripey little starbursts. Simply open cupcake liners flat, and use clear tape to adhere them to a few feet of string!




And yes... you can have a cupcake! Two, even!

Thank you to Land of Nod for sending me the rainbow stacking toy and alphabet letters! 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the theme! I love those letters, I may need to buy some!!

Coco Cake Land said...

aww thanks laurel! you should totally get some - so many uses! (including kid toys, of course... ha!)

Alanna S said...

very cute! awesome pics as always.

Coco Cake Land said...

hey thanks alanna! very kind of you to say! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, I meant my daughter, I did not mean for me at all... ;)

Coco Cake Land said...

@laurel - but they are totally good for displaying for parties and photo shoots! :)

except when you need two of one letter - then you have to order two sets! :P

tinycake said...

these are so beautiful and colorful! I often have problems with my cupcake liners losing their color and brightness after baking. Do you have any tips on how to prevent this? Yours look so perfect! Thanks!

Coco Cake Land said...

hi tinycake! thanks so much!

what kind of liners do you use? send me an email and we can talk "cupcake liners!"

depends on the cake flavour of course - chocolate cupcakes are dark so the colour doesn't show up as well, but vanilla or lemon cupcakes and they look nice and vibrant!

:)

Gabriel S. Ignácio said...

Hey, darling
Amazing pics
I love yout blog!
Have a nice day :)
xxo

Coco Cake Land said...

@gabriel, thanks so much! ^__^

obat stroke tradisional said...

Nice post,, i'm very enjoyed to visit this site :D