Friday, May 10, 2013

Knot Too Shabby: Sailboat Cake + Easy Cupcake Liner Garland


Guys. This is as easy as 1-2-3. We're talking easy party idea! "Mellow sailing theme!" 


 Make a sweet and easy garland using about 24 mini cupcake liners.
 

 Make some cute sailboat themed toppers using craft paper, wooden skewers and washi tape!


Pipe your cake with a wavy buttercream ocean top!

 Now, party all day and sleep all night! (that's the dream of the new moms!) I'll have a medium-large slice, please! Muffin top for-eva!




You can read more about this ridiculously easy party idea over on my guest post at the awesome blog You Are My Fave!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsay <3 Thank you ever so much for leaving me a comment to my blog:

http://sisustus-inredning.blogspot.fi/2013/05/diy-party-bottles.html

I love the garland and the cake - great ideas!

I found out that you have a thing for Angry Birds (superb cakes btw) Welcome to Finland and to Angry Birds Park in Tampere! ;)

Love, Riikka from Finland

Coco Cake Land said...

hi Rikka! thank you for the comment and for telling me about Angry Birds Park! i must google! :)

Trina said...

This is fabulous. The muffin wrapper garland is genius too. I don't have those type of wrappers, will regular do?

chaoslady said...

Hi Lindsay.
This cake is a dream.

HEYLJ.COM said...

Delicious post :P The cake looks amazing!

P.S. Let me know if you're interested in following each other :)

xox LJ
http://www.heylj.com

Coco Cake Land said...

@trina, sure any cupcake liners would do - i used this particular one because of the white centers, which gives it that flowery look! thanks for your comments!

@chaoslady, you are too kind!! thanks!! :)

Neha said...

This is such fun!

Coco Cake Land said...

@neha, thank you! ^__^

Coco Cake Land said...

@LJ, thank you! ^__^

Michelle said...

That wavy buttercream ocean is brilliant! It almost looks like it's moving. ;) Cute garland and toppers, too!

Coco Cake Land said...

aww thanks michelle! :)

vimax canada said...

The muffin wrapper garland is genius too. I don't have those type of wrappers, will regular do?